Welcome to Fuels Industry UK's Cookies policy. The association, company no 01404376 registered in England and Wales is committed to protecting your personal data. Whenever we collect such data, we are legally obliged to use your data in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data.
What cookies will be used on the website?
The website uses (first party and third party) cookies (small files placed on website users’ hard drive) or similar to distinguish you from other users of the website. This helps us to provide you with a high-quality experience when you browse the website and also allows us to improve the website.
We use the following categories of cookies on the website:
Type of cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Some cookies are essential for the operation of the website. For example, some cookies allow us to identify registered users and ensure they can access the website. If a registered user opts to disable these cookies, the user may not be able to access all of the content of the website.
ARRAffinity - This cookie is set and used by Azure Hosting Platform.
ASP.NET_SessionId - This cookie is set and used by the asp.net runtime.
_RequestVerificationToken - This cookie is set when accessing any members area page.
yourAuthCookie - This cookie is set when logged into the members area.
As long as necessary
Other cookies may be used to analyse how users use the website and to monitor its performance. This allows us to provide a high-quality experience by customising the offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, performance cookies may be used to keep track of which pages are most popular and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages.
_ga, _gat, _gid cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
As long as necessary
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND TRANSFERS
We share your personal data with the following:
- Third party providers where this is necessary for essential operations of the business (such as the operator of our website). In such instances, we require via contracts that third party providers comply with our data protection policies or confirm that they have a suitable data protection policy in place.
- Auditors, regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures, and our legal and regulatory obligations;
- a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase; and
- other recipients where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (please note, we cannot guarantee such data is kept within the UK only due to the service level agreements with some of our third party providers).
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under the UK GDPR, you may have rights in certain circumstances in relation to your personal data of:
- Access to and porting of your personal data;
- Rectification, erasure or restriction of your personal data;
- Right to withdraw consent;
- Objection of certain processing of your personal data (for example, that based on our legitimate interests – as described above).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us by telephone 020 72697600 or email email@example.com.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
This version was last updated in September 2022.